Junior Maintenance Engineer (EIT)
Engineering and Environmental
Posted By: StaffLink Services | Type: Permanent | Available: | Print Page
Location: Edmonton, AB | Salary: Depending on Experience and Benefits
Our client, one of the largest suppliers of heavy building material to the construction industry in North America with operations across Canada and USA, has currently an opening for a Junior Maintenance Engineer. The position offers an excellent compensation package with benefits and relocation assistance, employees learning and career building program.
You will be Reporting to the Maintenance Superintendent and be responsible for the maintenance and repair of stationary and mobile equipment, the efficient layout of the facilities, and the implementation of a preventative maintenance program at the Aggregate Plant.
- Schedule the repair, maintenance and installation of equipment, tools, machinery to ensure efficient plant operations in coordination with the Maintenance Superintendent;
- Develop and maintain files for the maintenance department (eg. drawings, checklists, maintenance history);
- Coordinate the monitoring, evaluation and modification of the preventative, predictive and proactive maintenance programs to ensure maximum equipment uptime and efficient use of resources.
- Assist with the development, implementation and audit of the preventative maintenance program;
- Administer the rules of conduct, health, safety standards to minimize injuries and lost time incidents and manage safety and health of employees to continuously improve the company's safety;
- Supervise maintenance crew, and training/toolbox meetings and ensure compliance requirements are met through organizational and procedural measures, following guidelines, completing required training, and monitoring of metrics;
- Actively participate in and facilitate outage review meetings and Update shutdown plans while in outages and gather and track contractor costs on a daily basis;
- Oversee purchasing of parts, tools and maintenance supplies; review and approve POs and monitors costs.
- Maintain and keep the bill of materials (BOM) records up to date;
- Hire and manage independent contractors; provide safety orientation to visitors and contractors;
- Any other duty as assigned.
- 6 months - 2 years of experience in aggregate/mining production or heavy industry.
- Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering (EIT); CET or Mechanical/ Electrical/ Instrumentation certificate.
- Excellent team working skills, able to work with production team and all other departments
- Can lead, supervise and make decisions quickly when necessary.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Proven problem-solving skills with the ability to find creative and practical solutions
- Proficient with programs in Microsoft, 3D Modeling, drafting and SAP.
Note: Please remember to attach your resume in your e-mail application.
Note: All Resumes will be submiited to firstname.lastname@example.org